The Santander Group Network is a partner in the project Erasmus Mundus Action IV Project led by the University of Granada "Cultural preparation of North African students coming to study in Europe".
The aim of the project is to develop and organise tailor-made cultural preparation courses for North African students who start a European study experience as well as for those who wish to undertake studies in Europe in the future, to develop an eCourse on the same topic in order to reach a broader public and to provide a toolbox for universities wishing to engage in similar programmes in the future.
A website has been created to that effect for more information.
- Coordinator: University of Granada
- EU partners: Katholieke Hogeschool Mechelen (CIMIC: Center for Intercultural Management and International Communication); CEVUG (Center for Virtual Studies – University of Granada); Euromed Permanent University Forum (University Rovira I Virgili, Tarragona); Santander Group of Universities; University of Pavia; Brussels Education Services.
- North African (NA) Partners: Mohammed I University Oujda (Morocco); University of Tunis (Tunis)
CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES:
- 22-23 October 2008 – Training Course in Granada
- 24 October 2008 – Steering Committee Meeting in Granada
- 3-4 December 2008 – Training Course in Mechelen
- 12-13 December 2008 – Training Course in Pavia
- 22-23 January 2009 – Training Course in Tunis
SG’s ROLE IN THE PROJECT:
- Steering Committee Member
- Provision of expertise/lecturers
- Promotion project outcomes in Euromediterranean HEA
- A part of the SG SANMED Task Force activities
- To improve efficiency and accessibility for students from North Africa and the Middle East entering the EHEA
- To further knowledge and cultural awareness of European Cultures, the European Union and the EHEA
- To increase the intercultural skills of candidate and arriving students from North Africa and the Middle East at European Universities
- Student Population in North Africa (both candidate students and arriving students at European Universities)
- North African, Middle Eastern and European Student Population at large
- EHEA and the EuroMediterranean Higher Education Area
- The EuroMediterranean Society as such
- Workshop on Training Needs and Methodology
- Run 4 Training Courses at different Partner Institutions (Granada, Pavia, Mechelen, Tunis)
- Project Website
- eCourse on cultural preparation for the wider potential student public in North Africa and the Middle East
- Toolbox for universities in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East wishing to engage in similar activities
The target groups will be better prepared (culturally) before starting a study programme at any European University, which will enhance better academic results. They will be better informed about the profile of the EHEA and the Bologna Process and will automatically gain an increased interest to come and study at European Universities. Students coming from the target regions will come to consider cultural differences as a source of enrichment rather than a source of divide between the neighbouring cultures.
All the information regarding the project has been displayed on the website created with this aim. You can also find information about different course modules, calendar of activities, presentation of the project partners, and other.
To visit the portal please use the following link: http://cevug.ugr.es/africamideast/